Saturday, June 29, 2013

Good things start coming to those who wait...

Well, well, well....Its been a while since my last post. I'm sorry to all of my followers and Googlers who randomly view my blog. Its been a crazy couple of weeks and I haven't felt much into blogging....(I know I should but too many emotions and crazy things happening to focus...) The most important thing for everyone to remember is it is perfectly normal to get down and out and not want to do anything or be apart of anything while traveling down this road (infertlity...in case anyone forgot)...I have been in this "mode" for quit some time but I have come to realize that the phrase "Good things come to those who wait and who have faith in the Lord" is more than true!! Over the last couple of weeks we have had some ups and downs in our journey...Yep, it happens...But it is how we choose to deal with it that truly matters and gets us out of it.

Wednesday June 26th, we had another set of appointments with Dr. P and Dr. L...At first going into this appointment I didn't really feel very "faith-FULL" and I really didn't have a optimistic attitude about it. After all, we have been driving and swerving down infertile highway for about 5 years now. I truly felt this road was never ending and that we were just "lost" on this journey. We have had disappointment after disappointment and my heart has been so broken in so many ways. But, as many have told me over and over again, God puts these trials in our lives for reasons unknown. Mainly to grow our faith in Him and to grow in ourselves also. From time we went back for our first appointment that morning I was just dreading it. Probably nothing new and just getting told to "come back in four weeks and continue everything you are doing now" was old and I already "knew" it so why come pay them to tell me this. But then God performs miracles and just when we think there is no longer any hope....WHAM!! He hits us with good news.

Brandon went back for his semen analysis at 9, then I had my appointment with Dr. P at 10 (which ended up being 10:45 after we waited) and then if we got "good news" on Brandon's semen analysis Dr. L would come in to wrap everything up at 11 (which ended up being 12:45). I never expected to see Dr. L this day. Stemming from my pessimistic attitude I assumed nothing "good" was bound to happen this appointment. But when everything got wrapped up from my appointment and as we were fixing to walk out with my head held down in disappointment again, the lab director brought over the "paper" we were anxiously awaiting...THE COUNT! My heart dropped into my stomach and I started immediately feeling like I was fixing to have an anxiety attack I was so nervous. Dr. P looked at it and then handed it over to Dr. L who was seeing us off at yet another 4 week appointment. Dr. L looked at us both and motioned for us to go back into the conference room we were in previously to go over the results of THE COUNT. Immediately I knew it was bad news, the injections weren't working again....But might I tell you that when I say God is good, He is truly the miracle worker!! Dr. L said that Brandon's sperm count went from 1.8 million to..........52 million normal sperm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The actual count is 129 million!!!!!!!!!! You could never in a million years, have ever imagined the tears and the smile coming rolling down my face!!! I knew immediately that God heard our prayers over the last couple of months for this count to increase this much!!! Dr. L and Dr. P both said that IVF is NO LONGER AN OPTION for us!!! We will not be needing anything that extensive and better yet, he said as long as my body cooperates with the ovulation stimulation drugs, I SHOULD BE PREGNANT BY AUGUST!!!!!!!!!! To top it off, at the last appointment Brandon's testosterone had increased from 200 to 780...Ideal is 500-600 so it was over shot a little but it is easier to bring it down than to try to make it go up if it isn't wanting too. GOD IS MORE THAN FAITHFUL TO HIS CHILDREN, THOSE WHO HAVE FAITH IN HIM AND BELIEVE!!!!So now, we go back on July 17th  see Dr. L for a full consultation and to get my meds started!!!! EEEEEKKKK! I am way past excited for this date!! It could not come fast enough!


 For those of you on this journey with us, please remember that you are never alone and that with a little faith, BIG things happen!! God is always on our side. The devil tries to interfere with that but as long as we stand strong in our faith, the devil will back down. My frown has now been turned upside down and I am overwhelmed with happiness right now and NOTHING will interfere with that. NOTHING!!! It is time for a change in a lot of areas in my life and I am excited for these changes. People and certain situations let you down, but as long as you have faith in all the great things coming for you, being pessimistic turns into being optimistic!! Thank you all for the prayers you have sent up for us!! Keep them coming as we still are not pregnant but it is only a matter of time now!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, and yes our God is an awesome! We don't always get things in our time but God's time is always perfect!! I love you and you are in my prayers. Love ya, Lisa T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!! You and brandon need to play some keith sweat music and start gettin BUSY!!!! Lol
    Good luck, Tara. <3

    ReplyDelete