Sunday, February 24, 2013

God is so good!

When I decided to start this blog early this morning, never did I ever think that anyone would actually read it!!! Man was I wrong!! God completely has a plan for us and it comes about in so many different, amazing ways! I am excited for what this blog will actually bring into other's lives as well as my very own!

Now, I left off my last post with our last visit to Dr. L on February 12. Well, on Tuesday this past week, I received a bill in the mail from our lab in Jacksonville, on Brandon. I knew we paid everything in full, due to the fact we are self pay, and therefore neither one of us would've received a bill at all. So I immediately get on the phone because I am well aware of how messed up billing departments for hospitals, doctor's offices, labs, radiology departments, etc...can all be. The lab manager told me that Dr. L's office sent over a STAT culture on Brandon's semen (scared to death I may add at this point). Our care coordinator told me there was nothing to be too concerned about, however B may have some type of infection such as a UTI. Men usually have no idea they have a UTI. They are asymptomatic in most cases. But it was still a concern because this can affect fertility.

I called my Honey who hadn't left for work at this point and told him what was going on. Now anyone that truly knows Brandon, will know that he does not show emotion at all, and if he does it results in a down pour of tears or an outrage of anger, one or the other! He obviously was scared to death, just as I was to hear of this new turn of events in our path to parenthood. He didn't say a word to me on the other end of the phone. So immediately I get angry because for me, when a man shows no emotion, I feel like they just do not care...Man was I ever so wrong on this one. That night we discussed it all and I truly know how he feels and how scared he is that something could be definitely wrong with him and not just myself. But God has gotten us this far and even in the darkest of days, there will be light!

 Even after I had a total breakdown and was angry then upset then angry again and then finished out the night crying myself to sleep, I realized that just as a friend had told me recently, that this was just another brick laid down on God's perfect path for us! God knew this was going to happen. He knew this would upset me and I would cry my eyes out over it! God knows before we know, exactly what our paths will be! Where they will lead us! It is up to us, as believers in Christ, to diligently seek Him as we go down these paths! And if we do so, the path will lead us right where God has planned!

Please pray for us this week as on Monday (tomorrow morning to be exact) Brandon and I will be heading back to Dr. L's office so he can repeat his semen analysis and repeat his blood work. Then on Thursday, we have our BIG "plan of treatment" appointment with Dr. L! I am nervous, excited, scared to death...A little bit of everything all at the same time! I feel that it will be a good appointment! So please, add us to your prayer list! God is good and will give us the desires of our hearts! But only in His perfect timing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment