Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tonights dinner....

So, ever since I have been diagnosed with PCOS, I have done way more research and "googling" than I should about the "thing" that has stunned my sweet little ovaries from releasing their precious cargo...I found out that a low/no carb diet is the best for women with PCOS due to the fact that PCOS actually has a lot to do with your insulin levels (this is how I have lost 42 pounds so far....Yay me!). So, I have had to do a lot of "Pinterest-ing" to find some great tasting low/no carb recipes. One that I have recently found is a chicken recipe (the more you follow my blog you will see that I may eventually start clucking like a chicken because we eat so much of it) and it happens to be pretty low carb and absolutely delish!!!

You will need the following:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh grated is always the best in any dish)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons plain or italian seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350*. Pat dry your chicken breast and place them in a shallow baking dish (I use a 9x13 glass baking dish). In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except bread crumbs (they are for sprinkling over the top of the chicken once the mayo mixture has been spread on top). Mix well and spoon over top of chicken breast. Spread evenly over each chicken breast then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover with foil and bake 45-55 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove foil and bake 5-10 more minutes until tops of chicken is lightly browned. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving, the topping is extremely hot and WILL burn your tongue!! (tried and true)

I served this chicken dish with some angel hair pasta that I added a little bit of crushed garlic, butter and about 3 tablespoons of jarred alfredo sauce to. We also had french style green beans that I sauteed in a pan with butter and garlic (yes, we use a lot of garlic) and little bit of lemon pepper, just for a zing.

This recipe is tried and true in my household! I have made it twice so far in a matter of a week and a half, per my husband's request! I must say, it is pretty delish!

Just thought I would share! I love to cook so there may be many more recipes to come!

Don't forget to please add us to your prayer list this week! Lots going on and I pray the Lord will bless us with some great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment