Saturday, March 23, 2013

A New Day to a New You...Thanks Joyce Meyer

 I was always taught that when you marry someone, your family becomes their family and their family becomes your family. But God has shown me otherwise.

Family is not just blood. I have a "friend" that is more family to me than some of my own family. She knows my whole life story and I know hers, there is no judgement, only truth is spoken. We love each other unconditionally, just like family should. Sometimes even if we don't talk for a week or two or see each other for a month or two, we still know that no matter what time of day or night it may be, we are ALWAYS there for each other. Now that is truly what family is all about.

 I wanted a blog that was truthful of the every day life of a husband and wife plus the infertility lifestyle. Not many people understand the infertility journey. I want to let these people know that not only are they absolutely NOT alone on this journey but also that life in general is not a breeze. People have problems, some that should absolutely stay in the home and not be plastered on a blog, but others that people should be aware of and know that if they are going through these same things, that it is OKAY!!

Every morning I get up and read my Joyce Meyer: A New Day to a New You devotional. It helps me to start the day out with the word of God and to have something to think about in my actions throughout that day. Well, today is one of those days that I know I will need that little glimpse of hope and promise. Today my devotional is about forgiveness and WOW what a strong word for me. I am not one to just let things go (as most of you know if you know me well enough). The bible says that in order for us to reap the benefits of what God has for us, we must be able to forgive. Satan gets at us when we are at a weak point in our lives and holding grudges or being angry at someone for something they did to you is one of the ways that Satan gets into your life. Well not me!! I am done with the grudges and the unforgiveness. If this journey has shown me anything at all, it is that God allows things to happen for a specific reason or purpose. Had this journey not been planned for my life, I would never have needed to lean on God so much and to really study His word to get a better understanding of His promises to barren women. So I feel like the purpose of all of this happening to me and my husband was to grow our faith in Jesus Christ and to lean only on Him in our weakest moments. Thank you Lord for these things!!

Now, speaking of "family", I have some forgiving to do today. Whether an email or text message, I will have to admit to some things and regardless the outcome, at least I will know that I am the better person who stepped up and took the initiative to do the right thing by the both of us. Wish me luck!!

P.S....Today is cycle day 11...IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY FERTILE PERIOD!!! YAY!!  Maybe God will bless us this month!!! If it is His will for us to become parents this month then it will happen!! If not, then maybe next month after my appointment and we decide what we want to do (IVF or IUI). We shall see!!! Prayers please for the next 7 days!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment